As Mr Edmund Burke say : The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing”
It come to my attention in the Kempton Express of July 10, 2014 the second Palm burn on PA du Plessis Street;
This is the photo of the left overs of the first Palm: go to......the news page
http://kemptonexpress.co.za/37386/fire-crew-on-their-way-to-fire-diverted-to-accident/
Fire crew on their way to fire diverted to accident
The victims,
with the help of their neighbours, had to put out the fire themselves
Nolwazi Dhlamini | 30 June 2014 06:51
NORKEM Park residents were left to struggle on
their own for almost an hour to put out a fire in a 35-year-old palm tree, as
fire department had been diverted to an accident scene on their way to the
fire.
The incident happened on June 11 shortly before
10pm at the home of Shauneen and Jack Dippenaar.
Shauneen said: “I was sitting in my lounge when all
of a sudden I saw everything light up, literally. It looked like the sun
suddenly came out and it was daylight again. I panicked and called my husband,
who was in the bathroom.”
The couple went outside and discovered a palm tree,
which Jack planted in their garden more than 30 years ago, was on fire.
“I called the fire department and they said they
would send out a vehicle but it never came,” Shauneen said.
Ekurhuleni Disaster and Emergency Management
Services spokesman, William Ntladi, said one phone call from the house phone of
the victims was logged on their system, indicating the crew had been
dispatched. On their way to the scene the fire crew was re-routed to a serious
car accident on the R21 where people were entrapped.
“They remained at the scene for more than two
hours, using specialised rescue equipment to free the accident victims. One
patient had to be airlifted.
“After completion of the accident call, they
proceeded to the Norkem Park home to assist but the fire was already out.”
In the meantime, some of the neighbours came out to
help the couple put out the fire, which took about 45 minutes.
“By the time we put it out at 10.30pm, the fire
department hadn’t arrived,” Shauneen said. This made the couple feel uneasy.
What concerned them even more was that something
more dangerous could have happened; the whole house could have burned down or
the neighbour’s home could have caught fire, because of its thatched roof.
“What is most worrying about the situation is that
the fire department didn’t come at all. Even after we eventually went to bed at
about midnight they still hadn’t arrived,” Jack said.
“Lives could have been lost, all because the
emergency people failed to come when we called them.”
The cause of the fire, which also damaged the
home’s water meter box, is still unknown.
This is the photo of the left overs of the second Palm: go to..... the news page
http://kemptonexpress.co.za/38798/second-palm-tree-mysteriously-burns-down/
Second palm tree ‘mysteriously’ burns down
This may be
the work of an arsonist
8 July 2014 05:00
SOMEONE could be setting trees in Norkem Park
alight.
Another resident of the suburb’s palm tree burned
down on Tuesday last week, a mere two weeks after a very similar incident.
Both incidents took place in PA du Plessis Street.
Patty Ferreira said she woke up at about 2.45am. While
in the bathroom, she saw it was very light outside. Just then, she said, her
phone rang. It was her neighbour, telling her that the palm tree in their
garden was burning.
She woke up her husband, Jan, mother Emma Jordaan,
and daughter Emelia, and went outside.
They saw their palm tree, standing next to their
fence, was on fire. Ferreira suspects someone is setting these trees alight.
The family called the fire brigade and started to
dowse the flames themselves with a hose. They struggled for about an hour to
put out the fire.
Ferreira said the fire brigade never showed up.
When the first tree burned down, the fire brigade also did not show up, as the
truck was diverted to a serious accident, according to William Ntladi,
emergency services spokesman.
Ferreira would like to thank Norkem Park SAPS who
immediately came over and waited with them. She also thanked her neighbours,
Victor and Janine Rudolf, who alerted them of the fire and helped to extinguish
it.
The disaster and emergency services failed to comment
at the time of going to print.
For sure the will be no comments from
emergency services, they are covering for the Metro Police (white vigilantes) like Mr J M
Van Heerden that after the events that
happen to my best friend on the 28 of September 2011 at around 12:00 search for : http://neversurrender.iblog.co.za/2014/07/02/kempton-park-metro-police-sa-almost-kill-a-biker/
and you will see what these EMPD
white vigilantes done to my best friend and they continue try to victimize him
for exposing them to the public knowledge;
After the brutal assault inside the police van
my best friend promise me to expose these white EMPD vigilantes then it follow
a lot of intimidation and my friend become victimize by the white vigilantes on
Saturday night 29 /10/2011 at about 23:00 the Palm right in front of his house
in Glen Marais, Geelhak Str was set on
fire, from EMPD friends (vigilantes) of Mr J M Van Heerden and partner, got
statements from the people staying next to my friend that they saw a vehicle
stop next to the palm spray some liquid and set it on fire then this people
staying next to my friend help to put the fire down , this happen to try to
scare my best friend & stop him from try taking the civil case forward
against the EMPD ; The burn of the Palm happen on the weekend after the lawyer of my friend
done the application to go against the
EMPD in a Civilian Court for the Brutally assault that Mr J M Van Heerden and
partner let it happen inside the Police Van where they put my friend inside
injure and in handcuff, letting an White Afrikaner officer
friend (vigilante) of them in
civilian clothing open the Police van
and brutally assault my best friend.
Photo of the Palm burning in the night of 29 /10/2011 :Note: in camera phone fire appears purple,
How this still happening in South
Africa, are we living in a Gangster Paradise??
Where is the justice?
If we can’t trust the police to do their job “Protect & Serve”, Who do we trust with our security?
Coming back to the burn palms, you
don’t need to be a brilliant detective or Sherlock Holmes to put these events (the
burn palms) together. My best friend move to Benoni after the incident of the
burn Palm in front of his house in Glen Marais, I knew this EMPD white
vigilantes will keep on try to get him, I told him to exchange SIM cards and Laptops
so he can keep working without been trace. These white vigilantes fall for my
trap and burn palms 2 streets away from my house, not surprise, tracing a cell
without GPS give you a wide cell zone where that person could be and in Norkem
Park there are so many houses in a small area; My friend is safe in Benoni and
that is what is important for me .
First page of Kempton Express indicating my friend been rammed of his bike:
More photos reporting the brutal assault done to my friend by the white vigilante friend of Mr J M Van Heerden and partner.
Injuries done to my friend by the white vigilantes!
After the brutal assault to my friend
it happen again a few days later to someone else:
‘He was going to kill me’
November 2 2011 at 07:17am
By Graeme Hosken
By Graeme Hosken
Willie van Zyl claims that Gauteng traffic police officers deliberately
knocked him off his superbike and tried to kill him. Photo: Thobile Mathonsi
Allegedly chased at high
speed and deliberately knocked off his superbike by members of an elite unit
within the Gauteng Traffic Police Department, a Pretoria motorcyclist, who
spent a week recovering from his injuries in an intensive care unit, is
demanding justice.
Willie van Zyl claims he
narrowly cheated death when members of the provincial traffic police
department’s high-speed pursuit unit deliberately rammed him off his BMW
S1000RR.
Van Zyl was on his way to
Hartbeespoort Dam on a weekly breakfast run with friends. Officers were driving
a white unmarked VW Golf GTI when the incident occurred on the R511
(Sandton/Hartbeespoort Road).
Van Zyl, who has lost the
tip of his right thumb and is still recovering from his injuries, said he had
been waiting for friends on the N14 at a Total garage near Diepsloot.
“As I waited, my friends
rode past me with a white VW Golf following them. I didn’t think anything of it
and rode after them,” he said.
Spotting a roadblock on the
highway, Van Zyl decided to take an alternative route to the prearranged
meeting spot.
“I turned around and
started riding along the R511. A blue motorbike tore past me at high speed. I
didn’t think anything of it until I saw a white Golf racing up behind me in my
mirrors.”
Thinking the driver of the
unmarked traffic police car would pass, Van Zyl began to panic when it sped up
with its driver trying to nudge his motorbike’s back wheel.
“I didn’t know what was
happening. I couldn’t turn around to look who it was because there were
potholes all over the road. I couldn’t see any blue flashing lights and there
were no sirens. I was panicking. I thought that those inside wanted to hijack
me,” he said.
Deciding to outrace the
car, Van Zyl sped off, losing the vehicle until he neared the R514
(Brits-Pretoria Road).
“As I approached the
intersection I slowed down, because the robot was red and I could not see if
any vehicles were approaching the intersection.
“It was only when the
lights went green, just before I reached the intersection, that I sped up,” he
said.
It was as Van Zyl turned on
to the R514 that the traffic officers collided with him, apparently on purpose,
striking his handlebars and front wheel, forcing him to crash.
Van Zyl was thrown across
the VW Golf and into a pavement and traffic light, smashing his rib cage and
tearing ligaments.
He claimed one of the
traffic officers from the car walked up to him and began pistol-whipping him
before shoving his gun into his helmet and threatening to execute him.
“I couldn’t move. This
traffic officer was screaming that he was going to kill me.
“It was only after another
motorist stopped to help me that the officer walked off,” he said.
Spending days in hospital,
Van Zyl is now determined to make the officer pay for what he did.
“They can’t do this. They
are meant to uphold the law, not break it. If I had done something wrong, then
arrest me,” he said.
He said what was worse was
that they had learnt that the attempted murder charge that his lawyers had
opened against the officer, whom they had tracked down, had been changed to a
charge of reckless and negligent driving.
Van Zyl’s lawyer, Delia de
Vries, of De Meyer and De Vries, said they would continue to argue for an
attempted murder case until police investigated the matter.
“This is not negligent.
This was deliberate; the officers involved were intent on trying to kill my
client. Not only are we suing the relevant government minister, but we are also
lodging claims against the Road Accident Fund through a Constitutional Court
challenge.
“Those who are responsible
need to realise that they do not have a licence to kill and that they are not
above the law,” she said.
Gauteng Traffic Police
spokeswoman Busaphi Nxumalo said they were conducting an internal investigation
into the allegations.
North West police
spokeswoman Captain Aafje Bothma confirmed a case reckless and negligent
driving had been opened.
“No arrests have been made and there are no suspects,” she said. -
Pretoria News
According to EMPD
spokesman Chief Superintendent "@"Wilfred Kgasago, “no officer is
allowed to assault anyone, no matter what the offence was that he or she
committed”.
There is a rogue element in police,
because they have been allowed to go ahead with all of this stuff for such a
long time that they feel that they are untouchable
By "@"Graeme Hosken
and "@"Patrick Hlahla
Corruption has become a “hobby”
within the Metro Police Department). This was revealed in a report by the
Institute of Security Studies three years ago.
The report, “City Blues:
Corruption and Corruption Management in South Africa’s Metropolitan Police
Departments”, dates back to 2007, but nothing, sources in the department said,
has changed in the past three years. Corruption remains a problem within the
organisation, they said.
The Eyewitness News in an
investigation into alleged corruption within the city council revealed that
more than 25 percent of metro police officials – including office-bound staff
and those out on operations – were under investigation.
A total of 350 dockets have
been opened by the Internal Investigations Unit against the department’s over 1
200 police members.
The report says the department
is South Africa’s second largest metro police department with 1 914 employees,
1 220 of whom are police members.
The revelations come as the
Independent Complaints Directorate is investigating the operations of an
alleged organised crime syndicate within the department’s ranks.
The apparent criminal network,
which uses State resources, sees members from the department’s Region 6 using
strong arm tactics such as assaults, kidnappings and torture, to extort money
from victims who include motorists, those using the services of prostitutes,
and hawkers.
Region 6, which apparently
accounts for more than 40 percent of investigations into metro police members,
is the department’s city centre area of operation. It includes Sunnyside,
Hatfield, Marabastad and surrounding areas.
Besides criminal
investigations, members are also facing misconduct charges which range from the
illegal pointing of firearms, disobeying orders, dereliction of duty and
insubordination.
Some of those being
investigated are facing multiple investigations while some dockets are for more
than one suspect.
The report states that the
department’s civilian oversight committee and inspections unit does not believe
corruption to be a major problem in the department, but senior managers view it
is as a serious problem, particularly at traffic rule enforcement level.
“The Conduct Investigations
Unit sees it as a ‘very big’ problem, and states that ‘corruption has become a
hobby’.
“According to the investigate
unit’s head, traffic-related bribery complaints are received daily, nepotistic
bias is prevalent throughout the department and corruption in the licensing
department is rife.
“Some control dispatchers
allegedly earn R30 000 a week tipping off towing companies about accidents
before reporting these over police radios, while some operational officers
allegedly earn R6 000 a night extorting money from drunk drivers.”
The report revealed that by the
end of 2008 “The Code of Ethics” was meant to be in place, but setting up a
complaints desk, hotline and vetting system had been delayed due to a lack of
funds.
The lack of funds, a traffic
source said, has also led to vitally needed equipment such as specialised
cameras for entrapment operations remaining unavailable, despite repeated
promises from the department’s top management that such equipment was a
priority.
The report says the unithas
been unable to realise its goal of sending a strong message to the bribing
public and corruptible policeman.
The report’s author, Andrew
Faull, said victim surveys showed the sphere of government officials most
receptive to receiving money, favours or gifts in return of service were
traffic related members.
“This points a big finger at
metro police departments that are responsible for traffic enforcement.
Faull said there appeared to be
a pattern with the Gauteng metro policing areas of Tshwane, Ekurhuleni and
Joburg as having the worst reputation when it came to petty roadside
corruption. He said recommendations from his paper, calling for various changes
to stop corruption, had not been implemented.
“A workshop by the Independent
Complaints Directorate and the Institute of Security Studies attended by
Tshwane and Ekurhuleni metro chiefs and senior staff discussions showed that
metros are facing the same problems as three years ago. Discipline within metro
police departments is often handled by the metro councils and those who are
disciplined are held accountable to codes of conduct and rules.
“A police chief, who has all
the best intentions of stamping out corruption, has his hands tied if
disciplinary processes involving council are beyond his control and not
conducted timelessly and effectively.”
DA community safety spokeswoman
in the Tshwane Metro Council "@"Karen Meyer said the DA submitted an
urgent motion to the council in May, based on information the party had
received, “in which it appeared that at least 22 percent of the total number of
Tshwane metro police officials had either already been convicted, were awaiting
trial or disciplinary hearings.
“It is clear proof of the total
collapse of our city’s law enforcement. The standard procedures used in the
appointment of metro police officials, leaves a lot to be desired.”
Meyer said residents cannot be
“saddled with metro police officers” they cannot trust. “The council is not
doing anyone a favour by not viewing this growing situation in a serious light,
or simply launching an internal investigation. By not addressing the problem
correctly it will mean shutting down the whole department at the end of the
day.”
Remember :
” The People that Forget the Past are
Doom to Repeated” !!
Regards: Paul Mackena (see my details
in google +).






No comments:
Post a Comment